HU | EN | DE

Archives of the University of West Hungary

Central Archives
(Central Library and Archives)
Sopron

The Central Archives (founded in 1984) collects and keeps the historical records created since 1862 to present days related to the units of the University of West Hungary and its legal predecessors. It preserves the documents of the Forestry School of Selmecbánya (1808-1864), the Imperial and Royal Academy of Mining and Forestry of Selmecbánya (1846-1903), The Hungarian Royal Mining and Forestry College (1904-1919), Hungarian Royal College for Mining and Forestry of Sopron (1919-1934) and the Faculty of Mining, Metallurgy and Forestry of the Hungarian Royal József Nádor University of Technology and Economics (1934-1949) except those parts of these collections which fall within the jurisdiction of the Miskolc University Archives.
Apart from these, the Archives’ responsibility is the collection the bequests and private papers belonging to the university staff and those who are considered distinguished experts of the professional fields in which the University is concerned as well as photos, records, videos and other materials which illustrate the memorable events of the university life.
The Archives keeps 600 linear meters of documents (classified into 47 fonds). The oldest manuscript among them was created in 1848.
Due to the integration of the universities and the fact that the integrated institutions (8 faculties located in 4 centres) possessed no archives, beginning with 1 January 2000 the duties of keeping and managing the records of these faculties belonged to the responsibilities of the Central Archives.
In order to preserve and handle the valuable documents created in the said faculties (whose centre was not in Sopron) the Archives, supported by the decision of the Senate of the University, establishes new research centres, departments (faculty archives) in places which meet the criteria (material and staff requirements).

Further information:
Address: 9400 Sopron, Bajcsy-Zsilinszky u. 9.
Postal address: 9401 Sopron, Pf. 32.
Email: leveltar@nyme.hu
Website: http://leveltar.nyme.hu

Staff:
Dr. Szemerey Tamásné – Head Archivist, Research Fellow
Telephone: (06 99) 518-279
Email: szemerey@emk.nyme.hu
Dr. Éva Sági – Archivist
Telephone: (06 99) 518-296
Email: esagi@emk.nyme.hu

Departments of the Central Archives of the University of West Hungary

Archives of the University of West Hungary Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences
(Library and Archives of West Hungary Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences)
Monsomagyaróvár

The establishment of the Archives in 2005 made it possible to place the valuable documents concerned with the legal predecessors of the Faculty – Private School of Agriculture of Magyaróvár (1818-1850), Imperial and Royal Higher Educational Institution of Magyaróvár (1850-1869), Hungarian Royal Higher Educational Institution of Agriculture of Magyaróvár (1869-1874), Hungarian Royal Academy of Agriculture (1874-1942), College of Agriculture of Mosonmagyaróvár (1942-1945), Mosonmagyaróvár Department of the University of Agriculture of Budapest (1945-1949) – from the Győr-Moson-Soporon County Archives to archives of the Faculty according to the latter’s competence.
The Archives preserves the registered documents of the Dean’s Office, the minutes of the faculty meetings, moreover the register-books of the students, which are the most crucial registers of the education. The records belonging to the Museum of the History of the Institution can be found as an artificial fond. The amount of the records is 112.44 linear meters in 32 fonds, created 1818-2000.

Further information:
Address: 9200 Mosonmagyaróvár, Vár 2.

Staff:
Attila Németh – Archivist
Telephone: 06 70/453-9418
Email: an@mtk.nyme.hu


Archives of Savaria Campus
(Library and Archives of Savaria Campus )
Szombathely

The valuable documents concerned with the faculties (Berzsenyi Dániel College, Faculty of Natural Science), the central offices and their financial, service provider, administrative, organizer and other functional units of the Savaria Campus of the University of West Hungary and all of its legal predecessors. The legal predecessor of the Savaria Campus, the Teacher Training College of Szombathely (established in 1959) was preceded by the Hungarian Royal Public Teacher Training College (1926-). The Archives preserves currently 155.7 linear meters of documents which are classified into 11 fonds.

Further information:
Address: 9700 Szombathely, Károlyi Gáspár tér 4.
Website: http://leveltar.sek.nyme.hu
Email: leveltar@sek.nyme.hu

Staff:
Dr. Ipkovichné Szakály Ildikó – Archives Coordinator
Telephone: (06 94) 504-312
Email: szakaly.ildiko@sek.nyme.hu
Zsófia Simon – Archivist
Telephone: (06 94) 504-336
Email: zsofia.simon@sek.nyme.hu
András Görög – Keeper of Records
Telephone: (06 94) 504-484
Email: gorog.andras@sek.nyme.hu